Project 11 is an engaging cross-curricular prevention program targeting Manitoba’s English Language Arts and Physical Education/Health Education outcomes. Weekly lessons and daily activities have been designed to help support students and teachers in bringing mental health awareness, along with positive coping skills into their lives.
…The healthy friendship traits that we learn about during Project 11 helps us to build friendships with people who demonstrate those healthy qualities.” – Camille (youth participant)
Project 11 uses concepts such as practicing focusing the mind, increasing self-awareness of feelings and strengths, and building positive relationships. By concentrating on these areas, it is our goal for students to:
- Build a sense of their own team as a class
- Increase their ability to connect with one another
- Increase self-awareness of social, emotional and physical wellness
- Create a stage of empathy
- Enhance their academic performance